- Must be a minimum of fifteen (15) years of age
- Must complete thirty (30) hours classroom instruction and eight (8) hours behind the wheel driving instruction
- Must pass vision exam and know ledge exam with at least 80% accuracy
- Must present proof that he or she has either received a diploma or is currently enrolled in a high school program Is authorized to drive only with a licensed adult at least twenty-one (21) years of age or sibling at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must maintain learner’s license for a minimum of one hundred eighty (180) days and cannot advance to intermediate stage until attainment of sixteenth (16) birthday.
Please by advised that no applicant shall upgrade to a Class “E” intermediate license unless a signed statement by the parent or legal guardian is provided to the Department of Motor Vehicles attesting that the applicant has a minimum of fifty (50) hours of behind the wheel driving experience with a licensed parent, guardian, or adult at least twenty-one (21) years of age with at least fifteen (15) of these hours being night time driving.